“Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit – the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being.”
– Greg Anderson
Self care can be any activity that we enjoy doing to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. It can be anything from hanging out and baking with friends to getting a spa treatment. For us, introverts, we prefer to do things that don’t require us to leave our house or interact with other people while we recharge. Here are 10 of the things I like to do to unwind after a long, stressful day.
1. Burn a candle, make a cup of hot tea or coffee, and read for half an hour
Reading lets you escape to an alternate universe and forget about your real life problems. The tea/coffee is only there to fuel my caffeine addiction.
2. Put on a face mask, close your eyes, and listen to music or a podcast
Multi-task by taking care of your skin and clearing your mind or learning something new at the same time.
3. Netflix and chill by yourself…with a glass of red wine
4. Go for a run or walk
Exercise releases endorphins and endorphins = happiness 🙂
5. Do a mini-declutter
Get rid of items that don’t bring you joy or are connected to bad memories.
6. Unfriend and unfollow negative people/ex-friends on social media
If they’re not people you want in your real life, you don’t need them in your Internet life either.
7. Write out your rants and negative thoughts and physically let it go by throwing out the paper
I generally feel uncomfortable talking about my feelings and don’t tend to rant to my friends. Writing my rants down is the best coping mechanism for me.
8. Read inspirational quotes, write down your favorites on Post-Its, and stick them where you will see them everyday
9. Take a hot shower to refresh your mind
10. Sit. Look out your window. And DAYDREAM
I’m an expert at this…LOL
I hope you try some of these activities and find them as relaxing as I do. Comment below and tell me some of the things you like to do to relax 🙂